Saturday

Pussycat Dolls vs Lady GaGa (VIDEO)

The big showdown happens tonight at Auckland's sold-out Vector Arena. The Pussycat Dolls take on newcomer Lady GaGa in a fight to the finish to decide who is the hottest right now?

Officially Lady GaGa is the support act, but she's selling more records and getting more airtime right now than headliners The Pussycat Dolls. Do I really care? HELL NO!

The PCD (hey, I'm down with the kids) make for way much better eye candy than Lady GaGa (or should that be LGG?) and musically they're not really that much different. I can't listen to 'My Poker Face' without being reminded of Boney M's 'Ma Baker', which just shows my age.

Sure, I'd like to perve at PCD at Vector tonight but both my age and my girth prevent me. Being fat and forty and sitting amongst rows of teenage (and pre-teen) girls is not a good look. Especially if their mothers are also present.

Seriously, I know a bunch of women in their late 20s and 30s who are going, and I can't wait to ask them what it was like. And just how many squealing girls were there, ruining it. Because the PCD are a great act, and I would have loved to have something like them perform at one of my Cheap Sex club nights last century. But Cheap Sex was for grown-ups and PCD are for kids. They're just really not age-appropriate are they?

I was going to call this blog 'Teach Your Children Well' and ask what are todays mothers thinking when they let their tweenage daughters get down to PCD, but then I thought ... WTF? Don't get me wrong, I think they're the devil incarnate and are corrupting our youth with their unambiguous sexual messages, it's just that I can't be arsed.

The battle is over, they've won. You're daughters will grow up to be sluts and whores. GaGaGagging for it.

Here's some vids to watch. Funny, but sad, but funny.







No comments:

Post a Comment